42 Public Square
Holley, NY 14470
Sedation dentistry is used to provide a relaxing and anxiety-free experience. It enables individuals too afraid to go to the dentist to receive their dental care. It is also very helpful for individuals who need extensive dental treatment and would prefer to receive their care in one or two longer visits rather than multiple appointments.
According to the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS), 30% of the population avoids the dentist due to fear. For those patients who are apprehensive about having treatment completed oral conscious sedation removes those fears. How we provide oral sedation:
- You are given a pill, no I.V.’s or needles, to take one hour prior to your dental appointment
- Your companion will accompany you to the office
- When you arrive, you will be very drowsy and your anxiety will be relieved
- While this is NOT general anesthesia and you will never be rendered totally unconscious, you will be relaxed and often sleeping throughout your appointment.
- When your treatment is completed your companion will return you home where you should rest for the remainder of the day
- The following day you can return to normal activity, often with little or no memory of your dental procedures.